I was going to leave the photos out of this round, as I've already recapped my adventures and told you about my excellent ushering in of a new decade. But then, this weekend I finally had a chance to upload all of the photos and thought, you know? How often does a girl turn 30, anyway? Why not embrace every magical second of what's quickly turning into a birthday month?
So - for one last go round - a wee photo essay on the end of 29 and the start of something fabulously 30.
(And then I promise I'll move on to other topics.)
******

Listen to Bono and The Edge sing only to me?
(And, er, the 60,000 other people at the show?) Well, sure. That sounds like a pretty fitting tribute to the end of my 2nd decade. I'm in.
While I didn't technically turn 30 until 6:40AM on the 21st, my dear friend and U2 companion thought midnight on Sunday was just as good a time as any to start the celebration...with tiramisu. Which she and I happily consumed while sitting in post concert traffic. For three hours.




Now! Finally! Thirty officially arrived on Monday morning! Three - Zero. Whew. I need a cocktail. Preferably girly, fruity, and pink. Check.
Dinner with a few of the girls at my favorite restaurant in the city. Even the mermaid is in on the celebration.
I ask, what's a birthday dinner without singing waiters?
Some of my most awesomely, fabulous lady friends.

Another decadent dessert? Really? Well, okay - twist my arm.

El Fin. One bite of cake left? The sign of a great night.

Oh and the laughter. There was a heck of a lot of that too. I'd say I made one lucky, happy birthday girl.

3 comments:
Yay 30! I absolutely love your blue dress, LOVE!
xox
You look so happy on your "happy" birthday. So blessed to have so many good friends with whom to celebrate the landmark occasion. Wish I could have joined you. The restaurant looks so interesting... I'm adding it to my "wish list" during my next visit to Boston. My treat, of course! Love you. Enjoy the 30s...although I HATE saying I now have a 30 year old daughter. Makes me feel so old since your birth seems like only yesterday.
Do not apologize for gabbing about your 30th birthday!
1. This is YOUR blog, which is about YOU and for YOUR use/enjoyment.
2. 30 is big freakin' deal, and you came through it with aplomb, my friend.
3. I don't have a third reason, but I like a list to have at least three items.
Your birthday festivities were so much fun and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! I was so happy to get to help you celebrate. :)
Post a Comment