Monday, October 26, 2009

Safe and Sound.

The brief version:


I've been to California and back, on a whirlwind trip that moved along far faster than my brain could process in five days.

My mother, my brother and I - we had lots to catch up on, lots of thoughts and memories and moments to process, lots of apartments to look at in an effort to get that brother of mine settled back in the USA and unfortunately not a lot of time. The days, the hours, they move so fast out in sunny California, it seems.

Luckily, I also tucked away lots of smiles and laughs to carry me through until our next reunion.


The most important thing, of course, was to see with my own eyes that Stephen had made it back safe and sound from Afghanistan. And, there was that lovely extra benefit of getting to give my handsome little brother some long overdue East Coast hugs, while we reunited on the West Coast.


I am so very glad he's home.

10 comments:

Tina said...

That is good news, Kelli. I hope you got a lot of hugs in.

Kate said...

This is such good news! My thanks to your brother for his service.

I remember when my own brother returned to the US from Iraq back during the Gulf War and I'll never forget that first hug.

Marie said...

Its wonderful to hear that one more young American is safe in his homeland. My thanks to him for his service.

Laura said...

Me too!

catherine said...

tears. rolling down my face at work. so glad stephen's back home safely! and so glad you were able to see him!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your brother is back safe and sound!

Kate said...

This makes me so happy!

Kim said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you! Those pictures made me cry a little and miss my own brother, who thankfully is only 4 hours away.

About this blog: said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad your brother is back safely :)

MOM said...

We had a good reunion, didn't we? These pictures make me smile all over again at seeing you with Stephen. Your love for one another is so evident. Makes for a happy Mom. Love you both so much.