Sunday, November 22, 2009

#18 - Make a piece of jewelry.

Well. Look at what happens when you sit down and make a list of goals you have in your life. Suddenly the things you've always wanted to do, see, explore, or learn get a little more tangible, a little more realistic. Once you have a list, it seems, you are able to start doing what anyone who makes lists knows is the most rewarding part - crossing things off.

I spent a good part of my weekend with one of my favorite friends, a woman who also happens to be a very talented artist and jewelry maker. Saturday afternoon she pulled out her box o' supplies and went to work showing me how to make myself a pair of earrings. The first pair was such fun to create and turned out quite well (in my humble opinion) so we quickly went to work on pair #2. Granted, what would have taken me hours to sort out on my own (you use which pliers to do what?) took only minutes with Beth watching over my shoulder. Still, in a matter of an hour or so, I did something I've always wanted to do. Make a piece of jewelry. Hoorah.

This kind of reminds you what can happen when you set some goals, doesn't it?


As far as I can tell the only downside is that making earrings might become my new favorite past-time. Bead stores beware.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Take the list one thing at a time and you'll slowly be able to cross things off.

Lisa said...

Sigh.
I wish I could hang out with you and Beth and drink wine and make earrings and go to book clubs.