Game time 7:10pm, Bleachers seating, perfect summer evening temps, Sox win.
One of my favorite high school girlfriends and her husband.(We'll let it slide that they're huge Phillies fans, mainly because the Sox slaughtered the Phils Friday night.)
Me and Damian, my new BFF, also a Phillies fan. A highly entertaining seatmate. Funny though, I seemed to be the only one cheering in that row for most of the night...Saturday afternoon: Fenway Park.
Game time 4:10pm, Grandstand seating section 14, rainy and cool, glad to be covered out of the constant rain. Oh, and would we like another Win? You got it.

Dad's 2nd trip to Fenway, his first with a Win. Papelbon closing. Woot!
Sunday afternoon: Fenway Park.
Game time 1:35pm, Grandstand seating section 17, overcast and cool but no rain, and oh, alright...we'll let the Phils take this one so they can save face and won't head home too disheartened.

Game 3 for Dad, who wasn't terribly upset with the Phils win either. Being a Phillies fan AND a Sox fan he got the best of both worlds with two games in two days.
And I got to spend my entire weekend at my favorite place in this entire city. I swear, sometimes I think I'd be content to live right there, in the ballpark. Three games in as many days. 'Twas my kind of weekend indeed.
6 comments:
Did you run out of Red Sox apparel? :)
Awesome weekend for sure!
Great photos of you and your Dad. Glad you both had such a good time...with both feeling satisfied about their team's performance. Sounds like a perfect weekend for a SOX fan.
A perfect weekend. There is no place on earth quite like Fenway.
Li, great question!!! I can juuuust make three games. Never thought about it.
Nice work Kel. I can not imagine what a blast it was to go to three games in as many days. Jealous!
I had one more Sox shirt tucked away...so I could've made a 4th...but in actually helped that it was on the cool side in regards to my Sox wardrobe. (If we'd had 3 hot days in a row I would've been in trouble...or just visiting the apparel store!)
Der. I mean IT actually. Not IN. Geesh.
Post a Comment