I took the above shot last Wednesday evening, after my office was closed for the day due to the storm. My office never, ever closes for a snow day. It's all "keep safety in mind, come in if you can make it without getting hurt." This usually leaves us public transportation takers really no choice in the matter. This winter, however, we've already had two snow days.More snow is in the forecast for tonight.
2.) I've had some fun this month embracing the whole "grow where you are planted" mentality. January tends to be a quiet, hibernating kind of month, anyway and I've enjoyed that hunker down mentality far more than I have in years past. The past few weekends have been good to me; with casual meet-ups, good food, fun friends, excellent cocktails, a movie here or there, and some random wandering 'round the city.
3.) I am doing my best to embrace my IPhone. Oh, I still have moments when I miss my trusty, old, pink RAZR, yes I do. But I'm slowly getting the hang of this little sucker...eh, most of the time. As an actual phone, I think it leaves some things to be desired. But, my texting is getting faster, I'm obsessed with Words with Friends, I've finally loaded songs so it functions as an Ipod as well as a phone, and the GPS navigation/mapping system totally saved me from getting very turned around on my way to a birthday party a few weeks ago. So. I guess I'll keep it.
4.) In an effort to continue this crazy notion of moving myself into this decade all bedazzled with new phones and such, I recently bought the Hipstamatic App. Which, actually, might be one of the cooler things on my phone. Clearly, it entertains me for hours on end, as evidenced by these random photos I took last week. Don't they all look warm, inviting, and nostalgic?



Buying a new phone to get an application that will give me oldish, antiquated looking photos? Sometimes I think I was born 70 years too late.
2 comments:
I am completely and utterly addicted to Words with Friends (and its companion, Chess with Friends).
This time of year, the "grow where you're planted" philosophy would seem particularly apt if you are a snowball.
Post a Comment