I have a new reading buddy this year, a 4th grade student I volunteer with once a week. She is everything my last student was not. Meaning, she is very, very quiet. Oh she's polite and good natured and all that I could ask for, really. She seems to enjoy our weekly reading sessions though getting her to talk is a lot like pulling teeth most of the time.
Yesterday, I commented on her school lunch:
Me: "Oh, that part looks good - that'll be kind of like a dessert, those apples and cinnamon."
Her: "Um, actually, that's not what it is. (A Pause.) This is cinnamon and apples."
Me: "Oh. Gotcha. My mistake."
Her: "It's okay. You didn't know."
Friday, January 07, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL, they are SO funny!
A VERY precise little girl. Cute story. Kids always keep you laughing. You never know what they might say....or to whom they might say it. That's the REALLY scary part.
Post a Comment