I am off to Washington, DC this weekend for a friend's wedding. Between my 1am arrival back to Boston early Tuesday morning and today's return to Logan airport, this has left me just enough time to take approximately two breaths in my apartment, refill my travel size shampoo and conditioner bottles, and head out the door with another suitcase in tow. I've got a laundry list of about six million thoughts I'd like to write about, including things like the fact that today marks exactly ten years since my college graduation. Ten freakin' years! How did that happen?
But I digress...
Between the random assortment of gym bags and laptop cases and last week's California still not unpacked suitcase and laundry piles hanging out in my living room, it looks like a bomb has gone off in my apartment. Last night I dug through the very back of my closet to sort out what in the world I was going to where to this wedding (Oh, fancy cocktail dresses, it's so nice to see you again!) and after much debate settled on a never-fail, standby. As I self-critiqued and vetoed dresses left and right because I "just wasn't feeling it" I was reminded once again of the power and beauty of the LBD. Thank you, Coco Chanel. The little black dress is a classic go-to for a reason, my friends - and one I almost left hanging on the hanger this morning as I threw a few remaining items into my carry-on.
And so, I'm off again, on another adventure. It's been a dash here, hop there, zoom around kind of spring so far. But then again, have I ever had it any other way?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment