Friday, October 19, 2012

My 3rd Week in October, in Random Quick Review

Yesterday, all day long, I thought it was Friday.  You can imagine my slight disappointment, when just a few minutes before 5pm, I realized it was, in fact, Thursday...

No real matter though, because although it's felt like a rather long week, it's been long in a good way, with lots of progress in the new gig, an evening spent catching up on the yes-I-know-I'm-behind-but-it's-still-amazing-season 4 finale of Breaking Bad, a few nights of yoga, an evening spent with friends, sipping prosecco and wandering through an art exhibit, and a lot of in-between.  

Anyway.  Some highlights:

A latte so pretty, I just had to take a picture -


On Thursday, the new pair of glasses I'd ordered online (for only $76, which blows my mind every time I think about the $350 I dropped on my most recent pair, purchased more than two years ago...) arrived.


And, on Friday, the other new pair I'd ordered online (this time for only $32!) arrived, despite the fact that I'd actually ordered them first...(obviously before finding and subsequently falling in love with the above mentioned $76 ones.)

I mean, no new glasses for 2+ years due to the exorbitant cost of prescription eye wear and then, bam.  Two new pairs, both of which I find quite adorable, for $108, total.  My God, bargains make me happy.

 
And...a low light:

Coming home late last night after the above mentioned art museum stroll with friends, I happened to notice a white envelope on my car.  If you live in a city, particularly one as parking ticket hungry as Boston, you know this is never a good sign.  It's also never a good feeling to think to yourself, "is that a ticket on my car?" And then, as you walk closer realizing, "Indeed.  It IS a ticket on my car."

The only thing that makes getting a ticket even worse is when you cannot for the life of you figure out why you were served said ticket.  You've got a parking permit, there was no street cleaning, you weren't blocking any driveways, fire hydrants, small children, etc, etc, etc. 

So that was/is a bit of an annoyance I now have to deal with. Seriously, metermaids. I do not understand your logic.


But then I wore my fabulous and cheerful new red jeans to the office today, and suddenly everything was a highlight again. 

I mean, really.  With pants like these?  How could the week not end well?

No comments: