Wednesday, April 03, 2013

But really. Let's talk about my feet.

Well.  I'm not quite sure how the past two weeks managed to fly by as quickly as they have; though I suppose I best get used to this whole warp speed setting that life appears to be on because I don't anticipate things slowing down any time soon. 

Oh, who am I kidding? The only time things really seem to slow down are when a blizzard brings a city to its knees...or I'm in line at the DMV.

All is well on my end of things and I truly have a whole pile of posts swirling 'round in my head about books and life and travel and friends and family and all the rest of it which will be noted and blogged all in due course. 

Right now though, I really just want to talk about my toes.  Or, more specifically, my toe nails.  I got a pedicure today, the first one I've had since last September.  Since it is still very much winter - and boot season - in the Northeast city where I reside, a good detective will know that a pedicure in early April means one thing and one thing only -- this girl is escaping to warmer temperatures, sunny skies, and blue oceans.  Tomorrow morning I am flying to Florida, for a long weekend spent in Key West. 
I'm going for a bachelorette and out of the group of girls going I actually only know the bride.  This is, truthfully, a teeny tiny bit nerve-wracking to my Type A planner ways, but I am doing my very best to adopt a Florida Keys mentality as I type every single key stroke.

I have never been to the Keys and have always, always wanted to go.  (Of course I have.  The Keys had me at "Hemingway's House.")  So when the opportunity arose to take a trip down there this spring, I decided to throw caution to the wind and dive the hell in with the group of strangers.

After all that's something I've been trying to do more of in 2013, you know.  Throwing caution to the wind.  It's amazing how well it seems to be working with my intention to make this year the year of the heart.

But we'll get into all of that later.  For now there are suitcases to pack and baseball games to watch (welcome back old friend!) and with any luck there just may be some sand in between these pink toes before too long. 


1 comment:

heidikins said...

Yay! Vacation! So jealous!! Have a great time!

xox