Truth is I miss spilling my thoughts onto this here interweb page; so I promised myself I'd work hard to make more time for the old girl post Labor Day. And here we are, the Tuesday after Labor Day with me typing up a post before I call it a day and collapse into my bed.
So we'll be light on words this time around but I'll make up for it with some photos of what I've been up to for the past few weeks. Whirl to the Wind is what I'm saying.
I made it down to Newport for a super fabulous long time friend's hen night, complete with a limo rental and requisite prom flashback.
You may have been wondering if penis straws make some sort of appearance at bachelorettes or if that's just some cheesy stereotype. Here to tell you one always shows up. Always.
A weekend of so later, some super work/friends in real life and I drove up to New Hampshire for a former co-workers wedding which was beyond hilariously fun.
If you want photographic proof of just how much fun we actually had, I think the picture below is worth exactly 1,000 words. Clearly the bride and groom had absolutely zero sense of humor on their big day, amIright?
Let me just pause here for a quick second to discuss something ever so briefly. I realize there are heaps of comments and chatter about Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines and now, thanks to the VMAs a few weeks ago good ol' Miley's We Can't Stop. For the most part when it comes to music I tend to stick toward the indie rock bands anyhow. But the thing is? As much as some people want to hate them, these songs are just freaking catchy. I find them to be as addicting as...well...um, addicting things. What I'm saying is, if you want to get me on the dance floor, I just need to catch the first few chords of a pop song of the summer and I am there.
Don't even get me started on my love for Tay Swift...

When the NH wedding ended - as all great things must - my associates and I got a cab back to our hotel room. Wanna know why I'm not in the photo below? It's because I was still insistent we be having a dance party. Which, to my friends credit, they did indulge me with for a good hour once we got back to the room. Until they called it a night - as evidenced by their reactions to me still dancing away in this photo. I love this photo. I love my friends. I love late night impromptu dance parties. That Saturday, I got all three.
Phew. In things non wedding related, I also made it back to the Jerz for one more dose of summer in the Garden State. This ice cream stand has not changed at all since my childhood...and it likely hadn't changed much before I was even breathing air on this planet. It's stuck in the early 1950s serving up malt shakes and root beer floats and I adore it. It's a true summertime treat that I try and take advantage of whenever I'm home.
Amidst all the weddings and bachelorettes, there also happened to be a baby on the way for one of my favorite people on the planet. Here's three of us post-shower, after all the lunch had been eaten, the gifts unwrapped and cooed over, and I, personally had inhaled approximately ten of the most delicious mini-cupcakes I had ever had.
(How pretty are my friends?)
Funny thing about this baby shower and that's the fact that when it was held, my friend still had about five weeks left until her due date.
Which made her text to me ONE WEEK LATER announcing the fact that our planned dinner date for just the two of us was officially cancelled because her water broke and baby was on the way a bit of a shock to say the least.
But look who had had enough of her time in Momma's womb and wanted to just get on out into the world already? Don't you just love her? I think she is simply perfect. I have so many fashion tips and ideas to discuss with her just as soon as she can find a minute to keep her eyes open for longer than two seconds. (She's working on it.)
Last Tuesday I miraculously found time for a Red Sox game with a friend I don't see nearly enough. We had the perfect night for it, consuming our Fenway Franks and $8 bagillion dolllar beers with glee. The Sox crushed it that night too which is always a plus. (And a big change from last season; thank the baseball heavens.)
On Wednesday an old high school friend flew into town from Los Angeles for a few days visit before heading down to Hartford for a wedding. He and I hadn't really talked, much less seen one another since our ten year reunion...which was, ahem, six years ago. Needless to say we had a lot of catching up to do. And I decided to see how few hours of sleep I could actually function on for the rest of the week. (Turns out I held my own until Saturday. At 8:45pm that evening I caved and no joke crawled directly into my bed. I didn't move a muscle until 8:30 the next morning.)
Good thing I crashed when I did too because Sunday I had another wedding to get myself to, this time down in beautiful Mystic, Connecticut. When I left my apartment to make the drive down early on Sunday I have to tell you that I was a little nervous. It had poured most of the morning and the sky continued to look beyond ominous.
In the end though, I firmly believe we had a little help from above with my dear friend's guardian angel, and the rain stayed away for the afternoon beach side ceremony and reception.
This wedding, like most weddings that my friends throw turned out to be ridiculously fun. I won't lie and tell you I wasn't feeling a little "wedded out" when I packed my bag and was planning my outfit earlier that morning. After all, having six in one season will do that to just about any wedding pro. But man. As soon as I arrived to watch my dear friends exchange vows I was re-energized and filled with all of those good, grand feelings that weddings leave you with - hope, joy, laughter, gratitude and of course, love.
Oh and I was on the dance floor at this bash too, naturally. I mean, the DJ did follow Daft Punk's Get Lucky with Blurred Lines. I couldn't have stayed away if I'd wanted to.













3 comments:
What a lovely summer recap post, lots of friends, lots of celebrations, lots of favorite things. I love it!
xox
Quite the social calendar. It does certainly seem like a good time was had by all. Yay.
Incidentally, the blue dress with the orange seahorses? I totally bought that too!
xoxo
You party animal! You have so many good friends and your enthusiasm for all of them is evident.
Have a good Fall now that summer is almost over. You've got quite an agenda ahead of you.
PS Baby was lovely. So tiny.
Post a Comment