Well, hello friends.
I never intended to take as long of a break from this tried and true blog as I have; there was no grand plan about my last post being about India. Life just kept happening and with the hectic pace of the job and wrapping up the last few months of school and trying to see friends and family and stay sane and all of the above, something just had to give.
But now, now I suddenly find that I have endless amounts of time.
I have finished school – after two of the craziest, busiest years of my life, I graduated with a MBA over Memorial Day weekend. I did it. From here, to all the crazy and all of the wonderful, to now. A graduate.
It’s surreal and honestly a bit sad as I can’t quite believe that part of my life is over; is now forever behind me. I am very proud of the hard-won piece of paper I now hold, but I would be lying if receiving it didn't feel a touch bittersweet.
Reality, I have come to learn, likes to make itself known no matter the circumstances. It does not always pause for the celebratory, joyous moments and despite doing my best to ignore it, it remains present. There are external circumstances shadowing my brilliant and shining graduation moment unfortunately. In an ideal world this post would have been all rainbows and shouts and hoorahs.
And it's not.
But it is the truth.
The reality.
I have learned an immense amount about myself in the last two years - I have strengths I am very very proud of and limitations I continue to work on, strive to improve.
Turns out I'm human just like everyone else.
I do know that I am a person who does better with a focus and end goals. And as one goal ends I have yet to determine what my next plan or goal is…which can feel a bit unsettling to me; untethered as one dear friend has so aptly put it.
Funny, isn’t it? I worked so hard and operated at such a furious pace for two years and I kept saying how refreshing it would be to have time back once I finished school and now I have time and I suddenly feel a bit lost, adrift. Adjusting to this new pace isn’t easy for me. I’m a woman who likes a plan, who fills her days. Shockingly, suddenly, amazingly, I have no plan.

2 comments:
Hoooooorrrrraaaaayyyy!!!! I am SO DAMN PROUD OF YOU for the last two years of intensity and payoff, I sincerely hope that a little downtime (and a generally less frantic/frenetic schedule in the coming months/years) becomes deliciously sweet!
Also, welcome back to The Ladies' Internet. We missed you!
xox
Life will unfold as it should with new goals and activities to fill school time. And you'll still enjoy the friendships developed among your Cornell classmates...WITHOUT HOMEWORK AND EXAMS AND LATE NIGHT PHONE CONFERENCES. HOORAY!! SO PROUD OF YOU.
Post a Comment