If you've logged onto Google at all in the past few days you may have noticed one of several Sesame Street characters embedded in the Google logo. These logos have made my day over the past week, reminded me each morning of a childhood show we all know and love.
I may have turned 30 a few months ago, but Sesame Street turned 40 today. Hard to believe, isn't it? Proof I guess, that you're only ever as old as you feel.
When my friend Amy passed along the above link, it led me to search You Tube for other classic Sesame Street moments.
If you ask my mother what two things scared me the most as a kid, she'll tell you - without a moments hesitation - that I did not like when the Hulk got angry, turned green, and ripped his shirt off, AND that I was frightened to death of the bald guy from Sesame Street with an 8 painted on his head.
Tonight, for the first time in easily 25 years, I found that scene. One I remember hating just like it was yesterday. In fact, I can almost picture my little self running away from the TV and crying for my Mom while it aired.
I've been smiling to myself for the past 30 minutes or so, watching clip after youtube clip from Sesame Street. If any of you know my favorite number, you know that it's 6. Ever wondered why? Here - no lie - is your answer:
I remember watching that segment so many years ago and deciding from that day forth that MY favorite number would also be 6, just like Bert. And it has been, ever since.
Happy 40th Sesame Street. Thanks for the memories. Here's to another generation of viewers, here's hoping I have kids one day that enjoy you as much as I have. Cheers to another 40 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that painter sketch...kinda hard to believe that was once on Sesame Street. It's totally creepy!
Post a Comment