Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Get Lost.

Even if you don’t watch the show, I’m sure most of you are aware of the fact that season 6 of Lost premiered last night. This is kind of a big deal for a few reasons, one being that I now have a show to follow religiously for the next few months, the other being; it’s absolutely, definitely the last season of this show. A show that’s had all of us fans - if you’ll pardon the obvious pun - “lost” from the very beginning.

A few weeks ago I cleared the night in my planner and yesterday, after a long day at the office, settled down to a dinner of left-overs and an evening of Lost. There was the obligatory “recap” show from 8-9pm, reminding all of us about all the back stories we’ve all forgotten. Then, at 9pm sharp, season 6 began. I watched for an hour and when the screen flashed white at 10pm I figured the episode was over. I did find it odd they didn’t show any previews for next week but I honestly didn’t think too much of it. After all, these shows usually run an hour, it’s not like the endings of these episodes ever make sense anyhow and it was 10pm! The screen had faded to white! The Jack/Kate/Sawyer love triangle was on again!

Guess what?

Last night’s episode was TWO HOURS long.

I do not have DVR.

I came into work today and overheard someone mention a scene from the show. “Huh, I thought to myself. I don’t remember that.” Then I logged onto the interwebs and glanced at an editorial about the episode. Again, I found myself thinking, “How did I miss that scene?”

Over I scurried to a co-workers cube where it was indeed confirmed that last night’s episode ended at 11pm.

Sigh.

I am a television watching idiot.

I am the reason DVR was invented.

Thankfully, Al Gore gave us the internet many years ago and Lost episodes happen to stream online. I spent my lunch break today watching part two at my desk and mentally kicking myself for getting up from my nice comfy couch at 10pm on the dot.

The worst part? I didn’t get up to go to bed, I didn’t turn off the tv because I wanted to get some reading time in. No, no. I turned off the tv, tossed off my flannel throw, and got up from my couch to do the dishes.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Well I guess you're better off than me, Kel. Still haven't seen it. Nor have I even begun to make a dent in the Season 5 DVDs. NOR will I be able to get to them anytime soon. Lost, can we please delay this season for about a month? It would be a great help to me.

091057 said...

Nice touch with the Al Gore line highlighting one of his many mental malapropisms. Now, if you can only work in something about climate change??

Unknown said...

God Bless Al Gore...where would we be today without him.