Monday, February 01, 2010

Serendipity.

Despite the frigid temperatures, it was a lovely weekend for many reasons. Here are two:

After seeing An Education Sunday afternoon I felt the need to channel as much stylized 1960 London and Paris glamour as possible. On a whim I wandered into a vintage clothing store in my neighborhood. Twenty minutes later and $17 lighter, I left with this little number...

The women of Mad Men would be proud, I imagine.


Thanks to sheer luck I also came across these beauties; a pair of earrings that completely stole my heart the minute I saw them in the store window. Worried they'd be out of my price range I pulled a bit of a contortionist's move to check the price from the front window. Happily they were in my budget, the store was opening in an hour, and I snagged the only pair the boutique had in stock.


These earrings, they make me want to listen to Edith Piaf and Juliette Greco, wear black, sip a cafe au lait, and stroll along the Siene.

I suppose the Charles will have to do for now.

C'est magnifique quand meme!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice french Kel! :)
LOVE the skirt and I totally agree with you about the earrings! :) Awesome finds!

Akkire said...

you are too cute. and srsly, you're great shopper! love these unique little finds you share. you must tell this secret little vintage stores name ;-)

MOM said...

OH...one of my treasured items when I was in my 20s was a cameo ring!! They were so "IN". I wonder if I still have it to pass along to dear daughter. You are such a great shopper. Wish I had kept my 60s clothes; Mad Men has brought them back into style. Yes, I used to be your size;they would be perfect for you. FAIR WARNING about what can happen after 30 plus years!