In no particular order and for no particular reason, here are 10 things that are currently making me smile:
1.) SPRINGTIME. The tulips are blooming, the sun is shining brilliantly, the birds are chirping, and that brilliant green color that appears only for a month or two each year on trees abounds.
2.) VACATION. In less than a month I’ll be in Ireland for ten glorious days. No work, no emails, no voicemails. Just me and my friend exploring, adventuring, and wandering around the Emerald Isle.
3.) THE SAWX. I don’t want to jinx us so I won’t say too much. If you follow the Sox or baseball in general, you’ll know we haven’t had a stellar April. Yet. You will also know we had two pretty awesome games last night; both resulting in (thank goodness) wins!
4.) MY PARENTS. I got a special visit in with them recently. These days it is rare that we find a lot of time together and there’s something so simple and comforting about doing the most random, mundane tasks (grocery store visits, walks about the neighborhood, morning coffee in the kitchen) with people that have known you for, well, forever.
5.) EXERCISING: I have my good weeks, I have my bad. But I’m still going to the gym, I’m really working to build some sort of routine and I just feel better. Win, win.
6.) THIS SONG. Beats in my feet make me want to dance. Just try and listen to it without smiling.
7.) SAM SUMMER. It’s back, just in time for spring baseball. I had my first one with friends last week and shared a few bottles with my parents over the weekend. To me, nothing welcomes a new season better than baseball, (#3) flip-flops (#10) and this beer.
8.) ENGAGEMENTS. No, not my own. (He’s out there somewhere!) In the past few weeks I’ve had a few very close, wonderful friends get engaged and I’m truly ecstatic for them. One is a friend I’ve known since I was 13, another, an old pal from college and another is a friend I made just a few years ago (and I cannot imagine how my life functioned for 27 years before I met her.)
9.) FRIENDS. Speaking of my life functioning…I am figuratively knocked over each and every time I think about the amazing, phenomenal group of friends I have. They’re smart and kind and funny and silly and adventures and man, what a lucky girl I am to know such fine folk.
10.) FLIP-FLOPS. They're not everyday wear quite yet, but I’ve been able to sneak in a few flip-flops days here and there this month. Time to put away the LL Bean boots and the Uggs for another season. Can I get a Hallelujah?
3 comments:
Oh...you are the best!! I don't know what I did without you, either. Can't wait to see you tonight!
Hallelujah!
And another Hallelujah! WARM WEATHER AT LAST. Glad I was included in the things that make you happy.
Post a Comment