We landed at Logan just before 4pm yesterday. Which, if you're counting in Irish time, means we landed at what felt like 9pm. Between you and me, I imagine I will never tire of the phenomenon that is air travel. Yesterday morning I showered at our B&B in a quaint little town about 25 kilometers from Dublin and by yesterday afternoon I was back in my apartment in Boston, showering there before I fell, utterly exhausted, into my own welcoming bed. Never ceases to amaze me, that.
Our trip was grand. Our, as the Irish say, "our trip was grand." There are plenty more details, stories, and photos to come of course...once I shake this jet lag, upload the ten gagillion photos we took, and carve out a few hours to type up the tales about all that we did. In the meantime, I'll tell you that we woke early and moved non-stop throughout our days abroad. We spent hour after hour seeing, experiencing, tasting, smelling, laughing, eating, drinking, driving, photographing, and enjoying before collapsing into our beds each night. Then we got up, dressed, ate our hearty Irish breakfasts, sipped our tea and did it all over again the next day. And the day after that. And again, after that one.
It was one of the best trips I've ever taken and I collected more mind's eye moments than I'd ever anticipated. As I sit here on my couch, tucked up in my cozy little Boston apartment, I'm content to be home. After all, it can be so nice to come home after a long journey can't it? There was another part of me though, as we made our way to the Dublin airport yesterday, that would have been quite happy to just keep going, keep moving, keep traveling. We saw and did so much in ten days, yet there is always another road to drive down or village to explore or pub to drop by. Today I've been missing green fields, piping hot tea, expertly poured Guinness, and adventure at every turn. As I've watched the clock throughout the day, I've fast-forwarded by five hours and wondered what everyone is doing in Ireland right now. Who is arriving? Who is leaving? How soon will I get back?
I suppose, in a nutshell that is what traveling is all about though isn't it? And, oh, what a lovely, brilliant, wonderful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ditto. :)
I am so glad you 2 had such a good time! Can't wait to see you and hear all about it!
Welcome home. I can't wait to hear the details and see the pics.
can't wait for the stories and photos!
Post a Comment