Luke Perry.
Or, maybe, Jason Priestley.
90210 divided us girls straight down the middle. There was never any debate, question, or middle ground. You were, simply, either a Dylan or a Brendan fan. Oh sure, the teens now-a-days like to think they started this whole Team Jacob versus Edward (who, I might add is clearly the winner, duh) debate but let's be honest. Long before girls were weighing the merits between vampires and werewolves there was another sort of showdown between two other men...at The Peach Pit.
I, clearly fell on the Luke Perry side of the fence, no questions asked. I'm not too ashamed to tell you that I may or may not have written Mrs. Kelli Perry in a few middle school notebooks and I certainly wrote I HEART Dylan aka Luke (even then I felt it important to clarify that I loved BOTH his character on TV and the man himself) multiple times over in my secret padlocked diary. Oh and posters? You bet. I'm still amazed my mother agreed to it, but I think overtime I just wore her down. I had a huge shot of Sir Dylan himself above the desk in my room - wearing um, a denim tuxedo of sorts - sporting both a denim shirt and denim jeans. And the back side of my bedroom door? More head to toe Dylan posters of all shapes and sizes.
They say we show certain passions for things at even the youngest of ages. Thinking back on it, I'm sure my crush on Luke Perry is at least partially responsible for the fact that I tend to fall for the kind-of-rough-around-the-edges type of guy over and over in life. Even now, when I think about the "type" of man my friends describe as my type? He's almost always got a little bit of a mysterious, brooding nature...whether I really
But, really. Can you blame me?
Fine. I'll just go ahead and say it. Even now, at 30 years old? I still think Mrs. Kelli Perry has a nice sort of ring to it.
That's what first loves will do to a girl.
2 comments:
Ummmm, you may hate me forever but I was a Jason Priestly fan.
But, werewolves are H.O.T!
I don't hate you Li. That just means we would've BOTH been happy had we had a chance with these 90210 boys. :)
Post a Comment