Saturday, April 02, 2011

If only these shoes had a phone booth...

This Saturday has me hopping from a bridal shower brunch, across town to an art reception, into the Back Bay for a bachelorette dinner, and downtown for a hen's night in honor of a dear friend who is a soon to be bride. I will not be returning home in between events, I will not pass go, I will not collect $200.

(Though apparently I have also decided I have time to write a blog post...)

Last night, while debating my wardrobe options for the day I knew I had to plan well. I needed a dress that took me from eggs benedict and mimosas to cheese and art schmoozing, with another dress tucked into my bucket bag for the evening out portion of the day. And of course, I needed cute shoes that were also functional, ones I could stand in for long periods of time without wincing in pain. But how to change my plain old black heels throughout the day?

I mean, I like to think they're stylish enough on their own...but to jazz it up?

Enter H&M floral hair clips.

These clips run about $4 a pop and H&M always has a ton of colors to choose from - pinks, blues, reds, greens...you name it, they got it. Awhile back I purchased this pink pair with a plan to use them as an accent to dress up a ponytail. Turns out, they work just as well on shoes. With just a clip we're able to go from plain jane pumps to sassy and sweet in a heart beat.


And with that, friends, my shoes and I are out the door. Quick like lightning.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a cute idea! Your creative activities of recent have those creative juices flowing! Love the shoes...with and without the floral clips. Hope you had a good time. Where do you find the energy??

bethjrice said...

brilliant!! I'd adding this after the make-up bag to the "life tips learned from Kelli" list ;)