I have this friend who’s a bartender. (It seems, as a general rule in life, it’s always a good idea to be friends with the bartender.) Sometimes, if I find myself downtown near one of the bars he works at, I’ll pop in on occasion and catch-up briefly while he's working. The other night I swung in for a quick hello. While nursing my glass of water and baby splash of wine, I decided I might as well grab dinner there as well. He quickly brought out my order of classic mac n' cheese and I dug right in.
Single ladies. All the single ladies.
Listen up.
I have finally - after years of guess work and parties and nights out and nights in and more social mixers than I can count - learned the secret to meeting men.
Food.
It's as simple as that. Which proves, once again, that when Moms say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? They know what they're talking about.
As I sat there eating away, I suddenly found men saddling up to the bar on either side of me. And do you know what they wanted to talk about? My dinner. I swear, I could barely focus on eating my food as these suddenly chatty happy hour patrons wanted to know how the man-n-cheese was and should they order it and they could smell it all the way across the bar and now they're dying for some too.
Seriously, it was like flies to honey and it blew. my. mind.
Of course, throughout every mac-n-cheese conversation I had, all I could think was, maybe that taco bell commercial was onto something after all...
Go get 'em friends. The worst that'll happen? You'll leave with a good meal in your belly.
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I love this story. I also love how you (accidentally?) typed "man-n-cheese." Either way, it works. Seriously, though, I think I'm going to start eating dinner by myself in bars. It will be good training for my future life as a woman of mystery.
HA HA HA! That man-n-cheese typo was totally not intentional...but now I think I have to leave it because it's just too perfect. Freudian slip?
Whatever works. Men are more basic than we give them credit for. Women think they are so complicated and they are all SO SIMPLE. Took me years to figure that out...but you've proved it AGAIN. So funny.
Post a Comment