Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks.

It seems that my list of 100 happens every other year.  I've never intentionally planned it this way, but digging through my archives, I've noticed a trend.  So, without much fanfare and adieu, I present my (apparently bi-annual) Thanksgiving tradition of listing 100 things - silly, serious, big, small, and all sizes in between, that I love, appreciate, and for which I am absolutely grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1.  My family.
2.  My friends.
3.  My health.
4.  My education.
5.  My new job.
6.  My new office - a door to shut!  In the location I wanted, exposed brick and all.
7.  Clementines.
8.  An exercise routine that (fingers crossed) seems to be working really well for me.
9.  Hot Water.
10.  A Clean House.
11.  Electricity.
12.  All of my friends having happy, healthy babies and safe, healthy pregnancies.
13.  Catching a whiff of my Mother's perfume when out in a crowd. Makes it feel like she's standing right beside me.
14.  Down comforters.
15.  Stripes.
16.  New clothes.
17.  Reading a passage or line in a book that totally resonates.
18.  Visits with my Grandma.
19.  Breaking Bad.
20.  My yoga membership at the fancy studio that's normally very much out of my budget.
21.  A really good glass of red wine, served in a big glass that lets you swirl the wine around like a sommelier.
22.  Paris.
23.  Finding bargains.
24.  Lingering over dinner with good friends.
25.  A good night's sleep.
26.  The Lumineers.
27.  The Couch to 5K App/following a running program for the first time in my life.
28.  Sneaking off to a movie when I've really got a million other things I "should" be doing.
29.  Sitting in the dark quiet of that movie theater indulging in a bag of overpriced popcorn.
30.  Playing "Words with Friends" with my 94 year old Grandmother.  (I play on my phone, she plays on her Ipad.  Because she is awesome.)
31.  Road trips with no traffic or delays.
32.  Ice Cream.
33.  The smell of Aveda hair products.
34.  My beloved Jeep.
35.  Hot Coffee.
36.  Olives.
37.  Fires roaring in a fire place.
38.  TRAVEL.
39.  My Dad's new house.
40.  Decluttering.
41.  Taking chances.
42.  Brand new sweatshirts.
43.  Anything Chocolate.
44.  Seltzer Water.
45.  Summer days.
46.  Observing.
47.  Trusting my gut.
48.  Getting a box of chocolate truffles (the best in the world!) from Reily's candy in my hometown from my Dad on almost every holiday or celebration.
49.  Swimming.
50.  Making people laugh.
51.  WRITING.
52.  Subtle, gentle reminders that we're all in this together, that the universe knows exactly what it is doing.
53.  Sitting with a very dear friend outside in Ohio this summer, eating Grater's ice cream and talking away most of the afternoon.
54.  Art.
55.  Live music.
56.  Clear skin.
57.  Libraries.
58.  The smell of fresh cut grass.
59.  Spending time with my parents.
60.  Lululemon yoga pants.
61.  The other blogs I read regularly.
62.  Books/Reading those books.
63.  My family and friend's good health.
64.  Still having connections and friends in my hometown.
65.  Living in American/being an American.
66.  Actual, hand-written letters and packages arriving in the mail.
67.  Frequent, mini-reunions with my three favorite high school friends.
68.  Fresh NJ summer blueberries, eaten straight out of the container as they've warmed in the sun.
69.  My Boston neighborhood.
70.  The woman who greets me at my local Dunkin Donuts every morning, with a "Hi, honey." and who never forgets my standard, daily order.
71.  Fresh flowers.
72.  Knowing just the right word to use at just the right time to describe a situation perfectly.
73.  My Cats, Nolan and Sophia.
74.  My childhood/where and how I grew up.
75.  Downton Abbey.
76.  Bruce Springsteen.
77.  Mani/Pedis.
78.  CAMP.
79.  Lakes.
80.  Really good gel ink pens.
81.  Christmas Cards.
82.  The quiet that befalls the city right before a major holiday - Thanksgiving and Christmas in particular.
83.  Fage Greek yogurt.
84.  Clean drinking water.
85.  That I am, by and large, free from need.
86.  Good co-workers.
87.  Having exact change.
88.  Remembering to do the thing that matters.
89.  Spell check.
90.  The Jersey shore.
91.  Paid vacation days.
92.  Snowstorms that muffle and quiet the noise of the city.
93.  The very rare occasion of having a parking ticket dismissed.
94.  The Walking Dead, my Sunday night guilty pleasure.
95.  Daily emails from my Mom.
96.  A cold beer, sipped near a body of water, with good friends, on a sunny, warm day.         
97.  Cracking open a new calendar or planner for a new year. 
98.  Arriving at an airport knowing someone is waiting there to pick me up in person versus taking a taxi or dealing with public transportation.
99.  YOU.
100.  Remembering I am right where I'm supposed to be.
      

1 comment:

MOM said...

A good list. I may be inspired to make a list of my own. Doing so should put one in a good frame of mind.