Dear Readers,
It is not generally my habit to post close-up, washed-out photographs of my outfits, but I have a mystery that I'm just burning to solve.
First, a bit of background: Yesterday, I wore one of my newish pencil skirts to work. I say newish because I actually bought the skirt during an end of summer sale, so it has been in my possession for a few months. However, yesterday, marked the second time - in my life - that I have worn this skirt. (I feel this is the most appropriate time in this post to mention that l fell in love with this skirt the minute I found it, thanks to its fabulous electric blue color. But I digress.)
Now. Let me set the scene. Inspired to do a bit of color-blocking yesterday morning, I pieced together what, in my mind, was a rather fun outfit for an idle Tuesday, complete with said electric blue skirt. Around noon-time, I left my desk to head to work place's cafeteria/kitchen, to heat up my leftovers for lunch. As I stood in front of the microwave, patiently waiting for my lunch to heat up, a woman I have never met nor seen around the office before came up to me. "Excuse me," she said, "but I just wanted to tell you there's something weird going on at the back of your skirt."
"Huh?" I asked, puzzled; immediately twisting around to look at the backside of my skirt. "Oh my God, you're right!" I exclaimed. A friend that had been standing nearby came over to see what all the fuss was about. The stranger continued: "Yeah, my friend and I were sitting over there actually admiring your outfit and then I noticed the bottom. I just wanted to come to tell you so you'd know."
I thanked her for alerting me to the issue and immediately started to wonder aloud what in the world could have possibly happened to my worn once before, never even been washed, skirt. Because, look:
I mean, seriously. WHAT IN THE HELL?
Want to see another slightly more close-up picture?
Here:
Is this not the weirdest thing you have EVER seen? (Relatively speaking of course.) I mean I know there's some weird stuff out there but this is just totally boggling my brain. As I mentioned above I have worn this skirt one other time since I purchased it. You should know too that I ordered the thing online and had it shipped directly to me, making the issue of it being somehow cut up in a store impossible. The first time I wore it was earlier this season and I didn't have tights on due to the mild weather. This makes me think surely I would have been able to feel the holes on my legs - had they actually been there from the get-go.
After the initial wearing earlier this fall, I came home, changed out of the skirt, promptly hung it up on a hanger and hung it in my closet along with the rest of my skirts. (Skirts that do NOT have holes in them as far as I am aware.) The skirt has not been touched, moved, or anything else since...right up until I decided to wear it yesterday.
So, again, I ask, what in the hell has happened to this thing? It doesn't look like any sort of fabric-eating moth damage (and I've had clothes damaged by those stupid moths before so I know what their terror looks like) and the fact that the holes are in that weird circle shape is just BIZARRE, right? It looks like I leaned against something that burned those holes (see where I was going with that burning to solve joke in my opening lines of this post?) but I simply do not understand when or how that would have happened given my limited, completely sober, only at the office use/wear of the skirt.
I am beyond perplexed. Tell me you know what happened to my poor skirt. Or offer a suggestion of what the source of these holes could be, please. At the very least tell me something like this has happened to an item of clothing you own. I need some solidarity in the craziness, gang.
And in the meantime, if you need me, I'll be over here in the corner, mourning the loss of my barely worn - but oh, it was such a fabulous color - skirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hmm. It does look like insect/moth damage to me because of the circular pattern. Can't imagine anything else. Sorry about your skirt. What is it made of? That might yield a clue regarding possible insect attraction.
Post a Comment