I like to think my 2015 was pretty darn successful overall; though unfortunately I can admit that pleasure reading took a back seat once I started business school in July. Still, I managed to squeak out sixteen books this year, which is likely a paltry amount to some, but given the fact I've barely had time to read a magazine lately doesn't feel all that shabby. So, here it is - my year in books:
1.) The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin
2.) All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr
3.) Goodbye to All That: Writers on Loving and Leaving NY - Sari Botton
4.) Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
5.) Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
6.) Dept. of Speculation - Jenny Offill
7.) The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
8.) Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
9.) Sons of the Resurrection - Anthony LaPira
10.) The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce
11.) Paper Towns - John Green
12.) Everything I Never Told You - Celeste Ng
13.) Modern Romance - Aziz Ansari
14.) Single, Carefree, Mellow: Stories - Katherine Heiny
15.) Truth & Beauty - Ann Patchett
16.) Not That Kind of Girl - Lena Dunham
Standouts include: Station Eleven, Goodbye to All That, Dept. of Speculation, Life After Life, and Truth & Beauty.
I
*Funny thing about this book. I really wasn't into it..and yet I couldn't stop reading it. While I can appreciate a lot of where Lena Dunham is coming from and she has done some things I genuinely applaud...I just don't really understand the obsession. I mean, I wish her well. But I also could easily take or leave her without a second thought. (No offense, Lena.)
Given that I've got three more semesters to tackle with school - two of which happen to fall in 2016 - I don't exactly anticipate a sudden windfall of "fun" reading time to come my way this next year I'll take it where I can get it, sneaking a book or two whenever my schedule will allow...and we'll see what sort of list I come up with by this time next year.
Wishing you all happy and merry reading in the coming year!
1 comment:
Oh, Harold Fry. We read that for book club and it was a surprise favorite for me. :)
xox
Post a Comment