Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Books.

Well, here we are, wrapping up another year. As is my custom, I kept a running list throughout the year of the titles that I read. It is embarrassingly meager this year and I am desperate for more pleasure reading time in 2017 (I see you, Cornell graduation at the end of May).  I thought maybe I'd eek out my current read in time to count it for 2016 but outlook does not look good - unless I cram a lot of reading time in today and tomorrow...but there are cookies to bake, and walks to take the dog on, and time to spend with family, so here we are.  Still, fifteen books are fifteen books.

2016 Books:
1.) Why People (Don’t) Buy: The Go and Stop Signals – Amitav Chakravarti & Manoj Thomas
2.) We Have Always Lived In The Castle – Shirley Jackson
3.) Brooklyn – Colm Toibin
4.) Why Not Me? – Mindy Kaling
5.) My Name Is Lucy Barton – Elizabeth Strout
6.) When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
7.) Never Can Say Goodbye (Writers & Their Unshakeable Love for New York) – Sari Botton
8.) Fates & Furies – Lauren Groff
9.) The Year We Turned Forty – Liz Fenton, Lisa Steinke
10.) Rich & Pretty – Rumaan Alam
11.) You’ll Grow Out of It – Jessi Klein
12.) Just Kids – Patti Smith
13.) The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo – Amy Schumer
14.) Orphan Train – Christina Baker Kline
15.) The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

"When Breath Becomes Air" was such a punch to the gut. Beautiful book!

xox