I did however attend several holiday parties, shopped – somewhat successfully – for some Christmas gifts, went to a 90 minute morning yoga class (pat myself on the back for motivating on that one!) and had friends over for dinner. And by dinner I mean we made and decorated two dozen sugar cookies from scratch.
Does cookie dough stop counting as a food group once you're 30?
We used a wine bottle to roll out the dough because I am nothing if not resourceful. Turns out? I actually had a rolling pin tucked away in a kitchen drawer the entire time.Whoops.



If you’re dragging a bit in the festive feelings this time of year, I highly recommend spending a Sunday night with two girlfriends, butter, sugar, champagne, and more sugar. With those ingredients it’s only a matter of time before hilarity ensues.
I would like to state for the record that actual cookie decorating is a tad more difficult than Martha Stewart makes it sound. Particularly if you happen to be perfectionists like –ahem- my friends and I may or may not be.
A demonic snowman? A hobbled little gingerbread man? Those just happen to be our specialities.
Still, they all tasted good and that’s what counts. The three of us might not start a baking business anytime soon but we sure did share some laughs.
Which, in my mind, is one of the biggest parts of the Christmas Spirit anyway. The calories are really just bonus points.
3 comments:
KELLI'S KOOKIES--Clearly a Best of Boston contender.
YUMMY...I want some with a cold glass of milk! I love sugar cookies iced for the holiday season! I don't care what they look like or how many calories either. Looks like a fun evening! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
PS Hope you saved some for the trip to Atlanta next week or you're in another baking mood when you get here!
Mmmm, C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.
Looks delish! Why do you live in Boston, why?
Post a Comment